The name of the Programme: Organization and Management of Information Systems
The title obtained by the graduate: diplomirani organizator informatik (VS), diplomirana organizatorka informatičarka (VS) (Higher Education Diploma)
Duration: The study takes 3 years (6 semesters).
The objective of the Programme: The main objective of Organization and Management of Information Systems study programme is to equip graduates for starting careers in the field of Information Systems by developing useful technical, analytical, communication and leadership (managerial) competencies. Students will evolve competencies of a team member and an independent associate able to fill typical roles for a higher professional graduate student in the field of IT and organization programme. The study programme is focused on the use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) for the operation of the information system and the application development with advanced tools in companies of different industries and sizes, as well as in public and state sector. During their studies, students become acquainted with different work environments and problem-solving practices related to the development, operation and maintenance of information systems.
After completed studies, the graduate is capable of managing the business processes in an organization from the organizational-informational aspect with the purpose of improving the business aspect of organization and increasing its effectiveness and competitiveness. During the studies, the graduate obtains the following knowledge and skills:
- provide ICT support for end users and present ICT solutions to customers,
- process analysis for assessing IT needs and requirements,
- implement software solutions and train end users to use software solutions effectively,
- design and develop databases,
- manage existing databases,
- manage information technology,
- develop and select software solutions,
- participate in design and installation of architectures and information systems,
- analyze data with modern tools for solving typical problems in companies, public and state sector,
- develop simple software and use development tools,
- communicate with technical and business professionals for mapping end-user needs into well-defined requirements,
- understand business problems and find appropriate solutions using information technology.
- apply and implement different standards in the field of information systems,
- introduce, use and maintain cybersecurity tools and procedures; and
- lead teams of different profiles in information system development projects.
(Upon successful completion of study, students acquire the academic title of Diplomirani organizator informatik VS)
Typical graduate jobs are: Information Technology specialist, Organizer, Software Developer, Application Administrator, Database Administrator, Information Systems Developer, Assistant in ICT Customer Support, Systems Analyst, Data Analyst, Software Analyst, IT Manager. Graduates can pursue careers and specialization in the broad field of information systems, analytics, communication and management.
Course unit Lecturer ECTS
Basics Of Quantitative Methods I A. Žnidaršič 7 90 Business English A. Tratnik 5 51 Basics of Business Management M. Marič 6 63 Introduction To Law A. Igličar 6 63 Computer Science And Informatics R. Leskovar, A. Baggia 6 78 Organization And Management P. Šprajc 8 75 Personnel Management M. Bernik 7 63 Basic Principles Of Nature Sciences And Technology M. Senegačnik 8 63 Basics Of Quantitative Methods II J. Jerebic 7 78
Course unit Lecturer ECTS Contact hours Introduction To Information Security A. Brezavšček 8 69 Basics Of Quantitative Methods III A. Brezavšček, M. Urh 7 66 Systems Analysis Methods And Techinques R. Leskovar 7 69 Computer System Architecture And Communications G. Lenart 6 66 Enterprise Systems G. Lenart 6 66 Computer Programming Basics B. Werber 6 66 Database Management U. Rajkovič 6 66 Elective subject 1 8 66 Elective subject 2 6 66
Second Year - Elective subjects (student selects one of the following elective subjects with 8 ECTS and one of the following elective subjects with 6 ECTS):
Subject Lecturer ECTS Contact hours Web And Mobile Development B. Werber 8 66 Introduction To Java Programming Language A. Škraba 8 66 Quality Engineering D. Maletič 6 66 Risks And Crisis Management T. Ivanuša 6 66
Course unit Lecturer ECTS Contact hours Optimization And System Simulation A. Škraba 6 63 E-Business G. Lenart 6 63 Decision Support Systems U. Rajkovič 6 63 Multimedia Systems B. Šmitek 6 63 Elective subject 1 6 63 Professional Skils G. Vukovič 20 10 Diploma Thesis M. Bernik, A. Žnidaršič 10 10
Third Year - Elective subjects (student selects one of the following elective subjects):
Subject Lecturer ECTS Contact hours Introduction to Business Planning M. Marič 6 63 e-HRM M. Kljajjić Borštnar, A. Pucihar 6 63 Engineering Of Environmental Protection M. Senegačnik 6 63