The employees at the Faculty of Organizational Sciences dedicate a lot of their attention to the quality, and also strive to be the Faculty with a high culture of quality. Such quality must not and should not be delegated from »above«, but must be born and grow in each individual that participates in any of the processes at any level of the Faculty's operation. For this purpose, the Quality Management Strategy has been developed, which we try to follow and also supplement.
Quality Management Strategy at the Faculty of Organizational Sciences
In accordance with our fundamental vision of development, which is to become the most recognisable higher education organization in the field of Organization and Management in Slovenia and a recognisable and renowned partner In Europe in the field of higher education and research in interdisciplinary fields with an emphasis on business and administrative sciences, information and communication technologies, technicians and manufacturing technologies covering both personnel management and engineering within these fields, the Faculty of Organizational Sciences commits itself to:
- Develop a culture of quality,
- Include all interested parties into the process of Quality Management implementation: Lecturers, students, the non-academic part of the employees, partners from the economy and non-economy, and other interested parties,
- Perform the quality management activities continuously in relation to the quality indicators within the Faculty of Organizational Sciences and the University of Maribor,
- Carry out self-evaluations regularly, at least once a year,
- Carry out evaluations at the level of the University of Maribor periodically,
- Carry out evaluations to be led by the independent institutions periodically,
- Inform the interested parties about all activities and results.
We are aware that all Quality Management principles must be considered, especially:
- Leadership: The mission and orientations of the Faculty of Organizational Sciences and the care for a proper work environment and relationships among the employees must be defined clearly by the Faculty’s management.
- Cooperation of employees: We are aware of the fact that only the full inclusion of all employees at all levels can contribute towards a higher quality of the educational process and, therefore, help to improve efficiency and market visibility of the Faculty of Organizational Sciences,
- Consideration of process and system approach: The implementation of the Quality Management system at the Faculty of Organizational Sciences will contribute to an easier management of processes in the field of educational process quality. This approach also enables the constant improvement of all key and support processes, implemented at the Faculty of Organizational Sciences. We are aware that the responsibilities and duties for the induction, maintenance, and the implementation of the Quality Management system at the Faculty of Organizational Sciences must be defined clearly,
- Constant improvement of quality: We endeavour for the latter to become the clear goal of each individual at the Faculty of Organizational Sciences,
- Making decisions based on facts: As sound decisions can be taken only on the basis of concrete results, we are aware of the importance of carrying out self-evaluations, evaluations, students’ surveys, and other analyses used to identify the state of quality at the Faculty of Organizational Sciences.
The internal control of quality at the Faculty of Organizational Sciences is carried out by the Commission for the Evaluation of the Quality of Senate at the Faculty of Organizational Sciences.
The Commission monitors the state in the field of quality at the Faculty of Organizational Sciences on the basis of methodology, prescribed by the Quality Manual and the Quality Indicators in the University of Maribor. These Indicators include the evaluation in the field of pedagogic and research activity, and also in market activities. The Commission reports on its work to the Senate of the Faculty of Organizational Sciences and to the Quality Commission of the University of Maribor. The work of the Commission is public.
The external quality control or the institutional external evaluation is carried out by the authorised institutions.