The name of the Programme: Organization and Management of Information Systems
The title obtained by the graduate: diplomirani organizator informatik (UN), diplomirana organizatorka informatičarka (UN) (University Degree)
Duration: The study takes 3 years (6 semesters).
The objective of the Programme: The essential aim of the Programme is to train the candidates for their career paths in the field of Information Science and, thus, provide them with the knowledge and skills required by the experts in the field of Information Systems. Such experts are oriented to the field of solutions’ integration, realised with the use of information technology and business processes, with the purpose to meet the information needs of the operation and, thereby, ensure the efficient and effective achievement of the company’s set goals.
An Information Systems Expert has a crucial role in the identification of needs and demands for an organizational information system and is active in its specification, design, and implementation. Moreover, such experts must have a good understanding of organizational principles and practices in order to act as a bridge between the technical and managerial departments in the organization and, therefore, enable them to work harmoniously. In addition to that, the Information Systems Experts are also included in the design of the technologically based communication systems and systems to support the collaboration in the organization.
After completed studies, the graduate is capable of managing the business processes in the organization from the organizational-information aspect with the purpose of improving the operational aspect of organization and increasing its effectiveness and competitiveness. During the studies, the graduate obtains the following knowledge and skills:
- A wide perspective on the management from the organizational, informational, economic, and project aspects,
- Ability to analyse the business processes from the information aspect and the perception of the importance of information systems in ensuring an effective and efficient operation of the organization,
- Ability to analyse the needs for information in the business system of the organization and in the organization’s environment,
- Ability to design and implement the organization’s information system, considering modern trends of information technology development and cooperating with the users from practice,
- Knowledge of methods and techniques for a professional training of users for the needs of development, use and maintenance of an organization’s information systems,
- Qualification for understanding the role and importance of comprehensive programme solutions, which can contribute towards the improvement of an organization’s operation and understanding of operation of individual components (modules) of such solution,
- Ability to implement an individual component of a comprehensive programme solution into practice, while considering the comprehensive solution and the problematic of connection with similar solutions by business partners,
- Capability to develop the prototype solutions given the problem, defined together with the client – ability to present the idea of solution to the client and propose the conditions and limitations of its implementation.
Profile of a graduate
A graduate shall have the abilities of management of information systems for the support of business processes in the organization.
Course unit Lecturer ECTS Contact hours Mathematics A. Žnidaršič 7 120 Business English A. Tratnik 5 60 Introduction To Law A. Igličar 6 75 Organization Theory And Basics Of Management J. Kovač 6 60 Organizational Behavior G. Miglič 6 75 Organization Of Business Processes T. Kern 7 75 Human Resource Management M. Bernik 7 75 Computer Science And Informatics R. Leskovar 8 75 Information And Communication Technology B. Šmitek, B. Werber 8 90
Course unit Lecturer ECTS Contact hours Databases U. Rajkovič 7 75 Systems Analysis R. Leskovar 8 75 Business Application Development B. Werber 7 75 Business Economics And Accounting 8 105 Business Information Systems A. Pucihar 6 75 Operational Research And Stochastic Processes D. Kofjač, A. Brezavšček 6 90 Statistics A. Brezavšček 6 90 Organisational Process Design A. Pucihar 6 75 Elective subject 1 6 90
Second Year - Elective subjects (student selects one of the following elective subjects):
Subject Lecturer ECTS Contact hours Office Automation B. Šmitek 6 90 Marketing G. Vukovič 6 90 Labour Law B. Vavtar 6 90
Course unit Lecturer ECTS Contact hours Business Communication M. Ferjan 6 75 System Modeling And Simulation A. Škraba 6 75 E-Business A. Pucihar 6 75 Project Management T. Kern 8 75 Information System Security A. Brezavšček 6 75 IT Project R. Leskovar 6 75 Elective subject 1 6 75 Elective subject 2 6 75 Diploma Thesis Z. Balantič, A. Žnidaršič 10 10
Third Year - Elective subjects (student selects two of the following elective subjects):
Subject Lecturer ECTS Contact hours Decision-Making Process U. Rajkovič 6 75 Web Programming D. Kofjač 6 75 Java Programming Language
D. Kofjač, A. Škraba